Good morning my fellow runners and walkers,
We have just 55 days until race day and life is getting pretty exciting for us here at Team BE HAPPY…
- The SWAG is coming in…medals and t-shirts and race bags OH MY!!! I’ll be providing a little sneak peek soon…
- The Official Team BE HAPPY Cheer Squad is looking for new members…do you have a loved one or dedicated supporter that doesn’t run but wouldn’t miss a race – then The Official Team BE HAPPY Cheer Squad is perfect! We are looking to change the culture for our beloved spectators, they get to register, they get the perks, they get a swag bag, and we are grateful for their cheering and support. Register Here.
- Volunteers – They are always needed and we are eternally grateful for all of their help. a. If you know of someone who is looking to participate in the event in a volunteer capacity they can sign up at our foundation website
https://lindsayslegacyfoundation.org/support-us/ or they can email me at
- We have a Strava Club! When you register on runsignup.com you have the option to join Strava, it’s a free training app where you can track and post your workouts and share them with your fellow runners. Download the app and join “Team Be Happy Running Club” – you will see our posted runs and workouts and if you need a little push to finish that 5K or 10K in August it might help motivate you, and if you’re already training then we can add a little friendly competition to the leader board…
- I would still love to hear your stories! Why do you run? What motivates you? How long have you been running, will this be your first race? Tell us, share some information about you or how you might be connected to Lindsay, or tell me a joke – I love jokes!
The following was written by Sean Dean:
I am today a better person a more contented person because of Lindsay. Lindsay and I were engaged to be married just 3 months prior to her diagnosis. Lindsay, her son Landen and I were a happy family planning our future and then one day our lives turned upside down. The 16 months to follow would prove to be the most difficult to witness. The fear of losing Lindsay almost daily was haunting and almost too much to comprehend.
After she died, I searched for ways to honor her and to show my gratitude to the hospital staff that took care of her and took care of us too. That’s when I found the Closer to Free ride and decided that I would participate. During a Memory walk at Mary’s Place in Windsor in honor of Lindsay our family gathered, as we walked I realized just how out of shape I was. Knowing I signed up for Closer to Free I knew I needed to get into shape . On Father’s Day 2018 I did my first 5k with Stephanie and each weekend following we found another run to participate in together. We signed up for the Litchfield hills triathlon which was completely out of our league but we did it and couldn’t have been more proud of ourselves. That was the turning point for me. I ran now not to run away but instead it became my salvation and it was more therapeutic than I could have ever imagined. This year I did a 10 miler, 4 half marathons, 3 triathlons and a partridge in a pear tree. When I run it’s my time, it’s my happy time , it’s my time with Lindsay. I find running completely freeing. I allow myself to feel and let my mind go – and I let it go where ever it does – that’s when I can escape reality and for that short time and everything is okay and I am good.
Someone wise once said to me If you want to change your body, exercise, if you want to change your life become a runner. When I look back one year when I was a running beginner and I think almost running to escape the extraordinary void of missing Lindsay to now assembling our own run in honor of Lindsay and running to celebrate Lindsay I think of how far I’ve come and I’m so excited. Each time I see a runner register I’m thrilled and excited. I hope you’ll come run with us, see you in August!
I want to thank all of you for choosing to run or walk or cheer for Team BE HAPPY, until next time I hope you have a great week and enjoy all the sunshine!
Tax ID: # 83-4602894